Sunday 3 May 2015

Peanut Butter and Oreo Cheesecake Slice



 


So its been a while since I've posted anything not vegan, raw, gluten free etc. etc. 

You know, that healthy hipster stuff that makes me feel like the best thing to hit Instagram since Valencia. 

However I was asked to make a traditional sweet slice of some sort for someone who will remain nameless (just kidding. It was my Mum...) and thought it was the perfect chance to do a little creative comparison. I decided on making this decadent Peanut Butter and Oreo Cheesecake Slice and then create a healthier, more me-friendly version which I will be posting shortly (and hopefully with a funky little YouTube video to accompany if I can get my video-editing butt into gear)







So, for those unburdened by gluten and dairy intolerances and unafraid to indulge their taste buds a little, I present to you this ammmazingly creamy and delicious (come on Mum, back me up here!) Oreo and Peanut Butter Cheesecake Slice!




 

Oreo and Peanut Butter Cheesecake Slice

Serves ~12

 

For the Crust 

50g butter, melted
270g traditional Oreos (plus extra for decoration)

 

For the Cheesecake Filling

 
3 tbsp boiling water
 


5 heaped tbsp (~3/4 cup) smooth peanut butter
300ml whipped cream, whipped to soft peaks



Blend the oreos in a food processor until you are left with fine crumbs then slowly add in the melted butter, adding enough that the mixture starts binding together with the consistency of wet sand. Press the crumb mix into the base of a baking tin lined with baking paper and refrigerate or freeze  while you make the filling.

To make the filling start by stirring the gelatin in the boiling water until fully dissolved and then allow to cool.

Using an electric beater or mixer, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add the peanut butter and cooled gelatin and continue beating until fully combined.  Fold in the whipped cream using a spatula.

Spoon the cheesecake filling on top of the Oreo base and smooth with an offset spatula. Refrigerate overnight or until fully set.

Remove the slice from the tin and slice into individual-sized squares. Top with some crushed extra oreos and serve.  











 





 P.S. Keep an eye out in the next few days when I will be uploading my 'healthier' version!

No comments:

Post a Comment