Monday 16 December 2013

It's a DIY Christmas!







 



There really is something special about fresh fruit in summertime.

Whether its bright red cherries a top a pavlova or the sweet flesh of a mango making faces and hands sticky - everything just looks, smells and tastes more alive!

As I've mentioned previously, I love to give my family homemade food gifts at Christmas time, and in Australia this means fresh summer fruits are in abundance! Heaven!

When scouring the Internet looking for inspiration I happened to come across this recipe from In Sonnet's Kitchen and as a lover of zesty citruses I simply couldn't pass it by.  









I made a couple of adjustments from the original recipes and now, making their Christmas debut, little jars of this delicious Citrus Sea Salt will be taking pride of place in my families' gift hampers, ready to season whatever meats or vegetables they desire in the new year.













 Citrus Sea Salt



3 cups Sea Salt 
2 lemons, zested
3 oranges, zested


Preheat oven to 110 degrees C

Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix to combine. Spread the mixture evenly over a baking tray and bake for 2 hours to dry it out, stirring halfway through.

Allow the salt to cool completely and then pour into individual jars.   

Voila! The perfect gift done and dusted! 







  

No comments:

Post a Comment