Tuesday 10 September 2013

Let the Rawsome Roll On!





So not 24 hours ago I posted a recipe for some Rawsome Bliss Balls and after receiving many positive comments I decided to keep the health ball rolling (see what I did there!).

As it so happens my sister is flying out for work tomorrow and was after some healthy snack ideas to take away with her. Cue an excited me! I raided my kitchen for whatever nuts and fruits I had lying around and upon spying my bottles of rose and orange-blossom water, decided we were taking a trip to the Middle East (or at least in that general flavour-inspired direction!).

Here are a couple of new flavour combinations I came up with which are both delicious but are also  raw, so all you Rawsome people rejoice!

Wow. These terrible puns are making even me want to punch myself...










Figgy-Orange Bliss Balls


Ingredients:

1/2 cup Pitted Dates
4 Dried Figs
1/2 cup Dried Apricots 
1/2 cup Pistachios 
1 tsp Orange-Blossom Water 


Method:

Blitz all the ingredients in a food processor until well chopped. Mould into small, walnut sized balls with your hands and refrigerate until firm. 



 


Apricot and Coconut Bliss Balls


Ingredients:

1/2 cup Dried Apricots 
1 cup Cashews
1/4 cup Dessicated Coconut, plus extra to roll in
1 tsp Rose Water
1/2 tsp Orange-Blossom Water 


Method:


Blitz all the ingredients in a food processor until well chopped. Mould into small, walnut sized balls with your hands, roll them in extra coconut

and refrigerate until firm. 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment